Thursday, October 18, 2007

Equine Body Work

I found an awesome body worker for horses - April Battles. She lives here by me in Greenwood. I highly recommend her, along with Tom Mayes. They both do Kinesiology, Acupressure, Massage, Rieke on the horses. I was blown away with April yesterday as she worked on Annie and Feather. Feather has a lot of emotional issues she has been internalizing, no doubt from her gathering from the wild, breaking up of her band, and living at the BLM facility for 10 months. Also looks like she had a trauma, like being banged against the panels at some point. April fixed a lot of the trauma areas and showed me what to do to release the muscles in the area and help her emotionally. April thinks we can get Feather moving more freely down hills and extend the length of her trot. April is also an expert saddle fitter and sells treeless saddles and Dynamite products. She is a wealth of information.

To contact April, http://www.treelesssaddle.com/

No comments: