Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Luigi's First Ride


I have had Luigi since he was 6 months old, and he was very unconfident with people at that time... timid, very shaggy, kinda scrawny looking. Now he is 3 years old, and I had an urge to put a saddle (my comfy Barefoot treeless) on him for the first time tonight. He saddled up like he had done it a million times, only he hasn't ever, but he watches Feather and Annie get saddled, and I think he has learned from them. Took him down to the round pen to play the Parelli games (that is why I am so not dressed for riding!!!), really so specific agenda, and I ended up riding him tonight. Logan shot some great photos so you can see the progression. He is so light, responsive, loves to learn, wants to be a partner and has positive reflexes. I'll keep you updated on his progress!

The riding progression: http://www.rosetrace.com/Luigi/Luigi.html Click Here

No comments: