Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My Dream Horse

Okay, I think I found my dream horse. His name is Luigi and I have had him for 3 years... I had no idea what a perfect partner he would make. He took his second trail ride today, about 4 miles round trip. We started at dusk and ended in the moonlight. Yes, his second trail ride ever and it was a night ride. He was very responsive, confident, not spooky, has great impulsion, walks downhill fast, stayed left brained, head down, all in his halter and lead rope as I was riding him. I am totally impressed. He is everything I could ever ask for in a trail horse, and pretty, and will be an ideal size for me, probably about 14.3 hands. He reminds me of a blend of Feather and Annie, Annie's lightness and sensitivity and athleticism, and Feather's confidence and strong state of mind. I can't wait to have more fun with his guy!

No comments: